Monday, January 30, 2012

Day #399 Primary Physician Follow Up

Today I had my first follow up appointment with my primary physician. I was last weighed on their scale four days before my surgery and today I weighed 18 lbs less! I'm losing weight crazy fast. I know the inevitable stall is coming, but i'm hoping I get under 200 before that happens.

I'm starting to feel more like myself, moreso today than any other day. My scars are healing well, I haven't had any nausea or vomiting, and i'm tolerating food well. I also started on my vitamins today and they're not too bad. I was taking some amazing gummy bear ones before surgery but since i'm not eating very much food I figured I would give the bariatric ones a shot. I started to measure myself and realized that my measurements really haven't changed much (or i'm just not being consistent with where I measured) and abandoned it.

I've had moments where I have mourned food and miss food as a social experience. At this time I hate eating! It takes so long to eat what little i've served myself that a few bites in everything else is cold already. Also, I have to chew things so thoroughly that they don't taste good anymore. I expect that this will change as my diet progresses and I don't have to chew things to a pureed consistency.

Even though there are definitely difficult things to deal with along this path I have chosen, i'm very satisfied with the results already!

No comments:

Post a Comment