Saturday, November 5, 2011

Day #312 Another Appointment, Weigh-In and Dinner Picture!

I had another appointment in my weight loss surgery journey. I had to meet with a physical therapist. He said that i'm not eating enough calories and that my workouts are too intense. He said he's never had to tell a weight loss surgery candidate that before! I was eating about 1440 calories a daybefore, and he said I need to be eating somewhere between 1500 and 1700. I'm eating around 1590 right now. I'm also going to try to do 30 minutes of exercise a day, even on the days when I work and i'm dragging butt and just want to go to sleep.

He also mentioned to me that based on the levels of hormones in my body, water content, and various other factors, I need to weigh myself at the same time under the same conditions every single time no more than once a week. He said that each time you weigh yourself you could weigh up to 5 pounds more or 5 pounds less than your actual weight. So, for example, one week you might lose 6 lbs (but you actually only lost 2) and the next week you might gain 2 (but you actually lost 2!). So i'm going to weigh myself every Saturday after I wake up. This Saturday I weighed myself and i'm 217.8! I'm happy that i've lost, but still frustrated that i'm so far away from where I was before I gained weight on purpose.

We went to the grocery store today and stocked up on lots of yummy, nutritious food. Tonight for dinner I made 96/4 Extra Lean Ground Beef with garlic and onion tomato sauce, tortellini with cheese, and light caesar salad.


I served myself a 652 calorie portion because I had a ton of calories to use up. I could easily scale this back to a smaller portion and still feel satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment