Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Day #308 November Challenge Addition

Last post I said that this was going to be my November Challenge:

"My goal for November is to be under 210 lbs. I'm going to accomplish this by counting calories using myfitnesspal.com and working out using my Garmin Fit app."

I want to add to that goal 100 miles of cycling! Today I did 12.6 miles! Only 87.4 more to go!!!

My bike ride today was so much harder than normal. I wanted to quit at least four times, and my husband almost came to pick me up when I felt like puking and passing out and actually had to sit down on the ground for 5 minutes, but I kept going. I made a few mistakes before this ride, first being that I didn't eat anything for breakfast first. I'm also fighting an upper respiratory tract infection which makes my asthma worse. The hardest factor was the wind, it was SO windy during my ride I felt like it was an uphill battle the whole time. I'm so glad I was able to overcome each obstacle I faced today!

The last two weeks have been a struggle for me eating wise, and my weight last week was 225 (a gain of 3 pounds). My weight this morning was 218.6! I'm so PROUD of myself! I need to be at 210.4 in order to qualify for the insurance to pay for my surgery. I'm just going to keep going until I get wheeled into that operating room...the lower I go, the easier job my surgeon will have! He says that every pound you don't lose or gain before surgery is like placing a brick in his hands.

I hope you had a great start to your November challenges as well!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome job! Way to go on the biking--you have inspired me to look into maybe getting a bike once my husband gets home and we get moved. I think I would really enjoy going for a ride sometimes.
    Way to go on your awesome loss--here's to getting to your 210~!

    ReplyDelete