Friday, March 18, 2011

Day #78 Chinese Buffet, Vacation Over, & Renewed Excitement

We're on our last leg of our drive home (~5 hrs) finally! We had an amazing time but it will be nice to get back into our routine. We picked up our dogs from my MIL's house and she wanted to eat at this new chinese buffet. I had a half a bowl of hot and sour soup, a half a cup of white rice with 1/8 cup of fried rice, two bites of each of the following: beef and broccoli, chicken and broccoli, and general tso chicken. I also had one spring roll and my fortune cookie. I know it's a lot of food and probably a lot of calories but I didn't feel stuffed or even full, I felt "just right". I really like the feeling right before fullness where I still feel "skinny", yet satisfied. This is the feeling I have been striving for during vacation since I didn't count calories. In general I have eaten half portions or shared and tried to stay away from the soft drinks.

When I first started this journey 78 days ago I was extremely motivated, I was doing a 5K on the treadmill every day I didn't work, I was always at or under my 1550 calories and drank a lot of water. After the move and eye surgery I got out of my routine and stopped working out. Working out with my sister showed me that I AM fit and I can workout without hurting my eyes. I mean, 4 miles, that's almost 6.5 kilometers! My legs feel so strong and I can see muscle definition and it feels AWESOME!

My goal when I lost 50 lbs was to go with a drastic hair color change, just for funsies. My sister convincd me to do it while I was there even though i'm "only" at 37 lbs lost and i'm so glad I did. I feel like a new person and have a renewed vigor for losing weight! My sister is down to 166 (we're both 5'8") and she looks so TINY. I was trying to find an online weight loss simulator but I don't need one, I can just look at my sister! She's such a good motivator. She convinced me that I CAN work out outside and not die so on my first day off i'm going to map out a 4 mile trail and walk it as often as possible. I also want to find a walking buddy who is willing to push me like my sister did. Whenever I felt like I couldn't go on my sister would force me to jog!

My plan for this week is not to weigh myself until next Friday (I don't want to know if I gained during the trip!). I'm going to go to the store and stock up on good foods and finish painting my gym so I can actually set it up and use it. I'm also going to try and adjust my caloric intake for the first time. The biggest loser does your current body weight times 7 and based on my last weigh in (212.6*7 = 1488.2) i'm going to try 1488 and see what it does for me. I'm going to give it two weeks to show me a loss just in case I gained before I decide if i'm going to stick to this formula.

I hope you have an AWESOME day!

No comments:

Post a Comment