Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Day #83 Tracking calories again and being prepared

I've been doing well since I got back from vacation. At first I had a hard time adjusting to counting and logging calories again and eating conscientiously. My new target is 1488 calories. This is how i've done so far:

Saturday   1452
Sunday     1800
Monday   1564
Tuesday   1441
Today      1433

It's also TOM so i've been on heightened alert not to eat emotionally. I feel like 83 days later i'm doing really well. I've always been the type a person that succeeds at whatever they put their mind to but had been unsuccessful at changing WHY I eat. I still have a ways to go, but I'm a much happier person now, my marriage is stronger than ever before, and I can tell that people enjoy spending time with me more.

I have always lived a "fake it until you make it" life and have faked confidence for so long. Now I truly feel confident :-D!

This week I have been using my planning skills to help me succeed. I have been packing up leftovers to eat at lunch and packing my breakfast and snacks for the long days at work. This is what I packed for work and what my husband is making for dinner tomorrow:

Breakfast (132 calories):
1 c. Special K red berries cereal
1/4 cup lactose free fat free milk

Snack (50 calories):
5.5 oz strawberries (all that was left in the carton)

Lunch (500 calories):
Leftover tostadas (two crispy corn tortillas, 1/2 c. refried beans, ground beef, lettuce)

Snack (56 calories):
1 c. peeled and cubed cucumber
1 tbsp. hidden valley ranch

Dinner (604 calories):
Chicken and broccoli stir fry (home made by the hubby)
1 c. white rice
1 roll

Dessert (140 calories):
3 reduced fat chocolate chip cookies

Total Calories: 1482

I'm looking forward to this Friday's weigh day! I hope you're doing well :-)

3 comments:

  1. Planning, planning I agree it is the ticket to success with weight loss. Now I just need to plan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Mom You will make an amazing plan! Do you have a blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just spotted your blog on Hollie's page! We started at about the same weight! I've got a blog you might get some ideas from, and I'll follow yours to see your progress! There's power in numbers, and we can all do this together! :-) www.caloricallyresponsible.blogspot.com
    ~Mary

    ReplyDelete