Friday, February 3, 2012

Day #403 All Magic Comes With a Price

The last few days i've been struggling with dry skin and the itchiness that won't go away. The two areas that I can't stop scratching are my hands and the areas around my incisions. I've already scratched off all of the dermabond around my incisions because it was so freakin itchy! Also, by scratched, I mean rubbed off with my nubs (I bite my nails, gross, I know).

I've also been struggling with not being able to eat the foods that I crave and love to eat. Last night we decided to go to olive garden for dinner. I ordered the chicken and gnocchi soup, halfway into the soup I had to run the bathroom. It wasn't pretty. I'll just add that to my list of foods I can't tolerate that I love :-/.

One of my best friends (also a nurse) was supposed to have this surgery at the same time but was unable to lose weight to qualify for our insurance to pay for it. She calls me almost every day after work to see how i'm feeling and has been really supportive. She just started aggressively trying to lose weight because she wants to have surgery asap. I'm really excited for her but at the same time I felt like I should 'warn' her. Have you seen the show on ABC Once Upon a Time? Rumpelstiltskin always says "All magic comes with a price." That's kind of how I feel about this whole experience. It's magical how fast i'm losing weight, but it comes with a huge price.

Today I weighed 204! Sooo close to onderland :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment