Saturday, February 4, 2012

Day #404 You're not painting a pretty picture here...

I wish that I could write that this experience has been a walk in the park and i'm getting amazing results without any negatives. I don't want future VSG'ers to read this blog and change their mind about surgery after reading about my experience. But at the same time I want to be honest about what it's really like to be me right now.

I was telling one of my best friends about my day on the phone, about how I can't eat and drink at the same time, how limited my food choices are right now, how few calories i'm able to eat, how I almost blacked out last night, how I threw up for the first time today....and he said, well, you're not painting a pretty picture here. He said that i'm his guinea pig and depending on how I do with the procedure he might follow suit...or, in his words, "if you're not dead in a few years then I might do it".

I tried explaining to him that my stomach is still swollen and my staple line is still healing and that at two months i'll be able to eat more foods and larger portions and that i'm really looking forward to it, but he only wanted to focus on how bad things are right now. Which is fine. I just know that I can't, or else i'll never get through this. Monday is my two week "surgiversary" and then it's just six weeks more after that. I'm just taking it one day at a time...

No comments:

Post a Comment