Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Day #408 First Day Back at Work and Life in General

My first day back at work was miserable. I had horrible heartburn still, diarrhea three times, was severely dehydrated, and felt weak the whole day. By three my muscles were aching so bad from the lack of potassium and from moving so much. I cried when I got into my car and just felt like I was going to have to quit my job. I felt like I couldn't do it anymore.

Today I got to sleep in and took a nap in the afternoon. I haven't thrown up or had diarrhea today and i've been eating and drinking. I met with the nutritionist and he gave me some suggestions for getting protein in. I'm going to try them. I don't want to lose my hair! I'm kind of an emotional mess right now and cried a little bit with my nutritionist and with my surgeon. I'm just sick of the heartburn, vomiting, and feeling deprived. I know it's going to get better, and I don't regret my decision because I know I did it for the right reasons.

I'm feeling really good this afternoon and we're going to dinner to celebrate my uncle's birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment