Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Day #302 Amazing Exercise App

I don't know why it's so hard for me to update my blog on the days I work, well, I do know, i'm so exhausted I fall asleep before I can do simple things like take my vitamins! I'm off today and then back to work tomorrow. I started working in the recovery room for overtime and i'm loving it, but working 3 twelve hour shifts, 2 9 hour shifts and taking call for 9 hours every week is starting to make me feel tired and less able to manage stress. I worked 9 out of the last 10 days and on days 7-9 I ate like crap!

I have the Nike + iPOD app that works with my shoes but it only tracks walking and running. I've been on the lookout for an app that allowed you to track biking since that's my newest obsession and found Garmin Fit. You input your height, weight, and age, select your activity and then start. You can even play songs from the library on your phone from inside the app. When you're exercising it shows where you're at on gps and at the end of your workout tells you your pace/mile, duration, calories burned and distance. I tried it today when I walked home from a friend's house, I did 2 miles in 34:05 minutes and burned 258 calories. I'm officially in love with this app. The best part was that it only cost 99 cents!!! A-mazing.

I hope you have a fantastic day tomorrow! I'm going to start making healthier eating choices as of my next meal, how about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment