Friday, October 14, 2011

NSV-Grocery Store Success :-)

I went to the grocery store today at 4pm just when I started feeling hungry. I remember the nutritionist saying that after surgery i'm going to have to take in 60-80 grams of protein and that initially during the liquids phase that isopure was really good. I grabbed a cold one and drank it throughout the store. It was alpine punch or something like that, 160 calories, 40g protein. OMG! It does not taste yummy.....but it definitely filled me up! I bought some grape ones for at home, I hope they taste better :-)

I also bought some Jenny-O turkey 99/1. I'm going to use it to make tostadas, i'll let you know how they turn out!

Update: They were awesome! Each tostada with fat free refried beans (from a can) and weight watchers mexican cheese was 200 calories. It tasted exactly like the extra lean ground beef tostadas I used to make all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment