Thursday, January 13, 2011

Day #14 Consistency & Food Scale

The last three days i've been consistent. I have walked at least 3 miles on the treadmill per day, I have eaten 1500 calories or less per day, and I have enjoyed all my food. I also did a "sneak peak" weigh in and will wait to post until tomorrow with the "official" weight.

I have a new motivator to add to my previous list. One of the MD's on my unit calls me a big big big beautiful (insert sweet nickname). When I called him out on the big big big part he said, you're just big! He put his arms out like a body builder pose and said, just big! Ugh! He said this in front of all my coworkers. I wanted the ground to open up and swallow me whole. I got him back though, which made me feel only slightly better. He was writing with a levitra pen and I told him that they're not passing out pens in md's offices anymore and asked him if he got a free pen when he picked up his prescription. He laughed and admitted I got him (he's in his 70's).

I made one of my hubby's favorite foods on a cold day: beef stew. It normally has onion, garlic, a lot of potato, a lot of carrots, and 2 lbs of stew meat. When I started out counting the calories I almost decided not to make it. Just the flour alone is almost a regular meal! At the suggestion of my husband I decided to cut the entire recipe in half and added celery and calabaza while minimizing the potatoes and carrots. I freaked out when I added up the total calories for the whole crock pot and figured I would only be able to eat 1/8th of it in order to be at a decent calorie count. I was worried it would be too little food, lol! 1/8th of the pot came in at 476 calories. I was FULL from 7pm until 11pm!

There is no way I would be able to be so successful with counting calories if I hadn't gotten a food scale for christmas from my secret santa! Thanks awesome BIL!

No comments:

Post a Comment