Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Motivators

I started thinking last night about things that I've experienced that can help motivate me through the tough times, and I want to list them out here to be able to reference them when I need them:

-Patients asking me when i'm due
-Last year at Busch Gardens the ride guy had to jam the bar down because it almost wouldnt click and I felt like I couldn't breathe and was in pain the whole ride. This will never happen to me again.
-My grandmother who has alzheimers asking me when i'm due
-My coworkers asking me what NFL team I play for (because i'm big and I have broad shoulders)
-Walking around in public with my 6' 155lb husband and having people stare at us...I always feel like they're thinking...what does he see in her?
-My coworkers pointing out every fat lady in the hospital and calling my name out as if they were calling her
-Every time I start a "diet" my mother in law talks to me in this tone of voice that says "we'll see how long this lasts". She even one time said, well, let's see if you can stick with it. I will prove her wrong.
-Being the only fat bridesmaid...every time

No comments:

Post a Comment